Staying motivated is half the battle and you will not be successful unless you have a regimen that you can follow through with.
The first thing you need to do is set goals that get you moving daily. Figure out where you are, where you want to go, and how you are going to get there. Then lay out a plan and a road map to figure out how you are going to get there. We all have high expectations from ourselves but you must be realistic about what will work for you.
1) Decide what it is that you want to work towards.
2) Write your goals down.
3) Post your goals somewhere public and visible. (A mirror, a wall in your office… etc.)
4) Create a plan to breakdown your goal and figure out how you are going to achieve it.
5) Figure out what the first step is and take it.
6) Working towards your goal will undoubtedly be difficult, keep going no matter what and always work hard.
7) Figure out some milestones along the way and always take the time to enjoy them and reward yourself when you hit them.
Paying attention to how we set our goals makes us more likely to achieve them and achieving them makes us feel good about ourselves.